Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slim for Spring Sweet Cheats...I mean, eh, Treats

I know, I know - It's not Springtime yet। But as the weather has gotten surprisingly warmer here in Las Vegas, I thought I would share just couple of sweet treats with you, ladies. They are sweet cheats, which is not really cheating on your "Days On".

Mango Strawberry Frozen Dessert

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk
  • 2 generous spoon fulls of nonfat plain yogurt
  • 1 handful of frozen Mango (found in the frozen food section)
  • 1 handful of frozen Strawberries (found in the frozen food section)
  • One packet of Splenda

What to do:

Put it all in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into bowls and serve. Should make two servings.

Think I am going to mosey on down to the Beauty Bar Downtown here on Friday night to see a local downtown Vegas electronica musician. I am staying in line all week so far so that I can feel my slimmest for that party and also have my big "Day Off" on Saturday for that Mid Century Mod party. I love some of these parties too, where they serve even the old-fashioned dishes I love. Deviled eggs, pickles and olives, pate', water crackers, vegetables and onion dip made from scratch, and one of the favorites on the streets here is Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Sigh. Everybody always goes wild for that one.

I would like to have a big party at my place (when it really is Springtime, you know) and have everyone dress in the style of the 50's - early 70's ONLY. With my hostess 50's dress, heels, pearls and frilly apron on, I will be making deviled eggs, cold cuts, pickles, cheese and baguette, martinis and serve chocolate covered cherries and double chocolate cake for dessert.

I had better start shopping for that dress and apron now.......

www.thepinupgirldiet.com